Social Media use in B2B – Case Study & Results August 31, 2009Posted by Edwin Ritter in Trends.
Tags: B2B, Case Study, Change, Lessons Learned, process, SM, Social Media, Web 2.0
add a comment
Found this from a post on a LinkedIn group I subscribe to. Interesting account on how Twitter and other SM tools were used for a recent B2B initiative. Includes Lessons Learned that are worth reading. Here’s the link.
Take aways include :
- There is a learning curve – don’t underestimate
- Training for new skills -have them before you need them
- Not as bad as it seems – the worst did not happen
- Catch up to competition – SM provided increased visibility with others and crowded the landscape a little more
- Blurred lines – between internal groups on who does what.
- Manage from the middle – very interesting concept similar to having decision made by those closest to the work. Trust your staff has the right skills and experience. Don’t wordsmith – not a good use of your time!
It’s great that the lessons learned are added here. Will B2B have increased use of SM? How does that change current SM practices?